This isn’t really a resume. Too many jobs and volunteer work left out. Not really a CV either. Too short for that. But it is a 4 page document that offers an overview of my skills, knowledge, and abilities as of 2019. Includes a list of elective classes relevant to my worklife.
firstname.lastname@example.org · 415-806-1903 C · Oakland, CA
Administrator – Writer – Researcher
- Quora Top Writer 2018.
- Exceptional command of oral and written communications.
- LL.M. International Taxation and Financial Services 2016.
- Happy user of Nolo products including Willmaker and Living Trust tools.
- Produces high quality, sourced content in high-pressure environments.
- Disability advocate.
- Designed course materials and taught classes, seminars, and training programs for law students, real estate agents and banking professionals.
- Strong organizational, analytical, research and problem solving skills.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data; qualitative and quantitative.
- Confident poised public speaker with ability to convey complex information to diverse audiences.
- Forensic financial analyst and political economist.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Corporate Law, International and Comparative Law, Legal Research, Statistics, and Data Analysis tools.
- Content management metrics skills.
- Remedies problemsinherent in multiple complex compliance projects.
- Deep and broad experience in investment theory and practice.
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law 2016
- LL.M. International Taxation and Wealth Management 2016
- U.C. Hastings College of the Law 2004
- Juris Doctor (Law Degree), Public International Law and Human Rights Specialty.
- U.C. Santa Barbara, Bachelor of Arts 2001 Interdisciplinary BA
- Law and Society, A Program in the Political Science Department , with Honors and Distinction in the Major. Minor in 20th Century History.
ONLINE WRITING for Non-Lawyers
- Quora profile, which links to my content, using my nom de plume Olivia LaRosa:
- Website containing several years of my periodic contemporaneous works
- LL.M. Thesis: A People’s History of Stock Market Crashes &c. 1946-2016:
The View from Below
First four sections plus methodology and references
SENIOR THESIS in Law and Society, leading to Honors and Distinction in the Major: Movements at the Millennium: Cybermobilizing for Social Justice 1999-2000
PROFESSIONAL LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- Registered IRS Tax Return Preparer P01584295
- California Tax Return Preparer A254618
- California Real Estate Broker 00976465
- California Teaching Credential- Emergency
One Tax Mind.com aka AnsibleTax, 2004-present – BBB A+ Rated
- Self-employed Tax Preparation and Web Design Professional
- Tax and Legal Document Preparation Services
- Direct and manage this nonprofit, open-to-the-public legal document and tax preparation service. Generalist in public benefits, bankruptcy, family law, and taxation of individuals, small businesses, partnerships, and registered domestic partnerships doc prep.Provide webhosting and design.
Law Office Manager and Law Clerk, 2004-2010
- Richard P. Koch, Attorney At Law (Solo practitioner).
- Prepared tax returns for individuals and small businesses.
- Prepared and managed cases in civil rights and disability law.
- Authored pleadings, briefs, and other legal documents.
Law Offices of Sam Ferdows, 2005-2008
- Three attorney in-house firm for a business conglomerate.
- Managed business and legal office: case and database management, software purchasing, upgrading, and training, travel scheduling, calendaring, meeting, and event planning.
- Researched and summarized information in case law and for topical background in legal issues.
- Tracked Federal and State cases in housing discrimination, personal injury, probate and special needs trusts, venture capital, corporate formation, real estate, IT, insurance, human resources, international business.
- Full time-concurrent with part-time position at Richard P. Koch, above
UC Hastings College of the Law
- Information Technology Assistant 2002
- Helpdesk, software installation and training.
UC Santa Barbara, Summer Sessions Division – 1998 to 2001
- Executive Assistant to Deans
- 2/3FTE position while studying for BA
- Financial analysis of Summer Sessions income and expenses using Excel and Quickbooks.
- Contract management and review of vendors, staff, and faculty.
- Liaison to senior administration and academic deans.
- Database design, creation, management and analysis.
- Prepared significant business communications for the Deans.
Before my return to college in 1998
Elementary School Librarian 1994-1997
- Tehachapi Unified School District
- Developed and taught weekly lessons for all classes K-6
- Devised and implemented new computer database, raised funds to order new books
Real Estate Broker and Mortgage Lending Officer 1987-1995
- First licensed as a Real Estate Salesperson in 1987 with ReMax.
- Associate Broker at Century 21 Mountain Real Estate 1990-1992.
- Mortgage Loan Officer at Directors Mortgage 1993-1995.
Bank Officer – until 1987
- Security Pacific Bank – now Bank of America
- Created, managed, and analyzed audit procedures and practices.
- Award-winning manager, lending and operations.
- Management Training Program graduate.
- Completed financial analysis, financial management, and accounting coursework.
I know it’s long. Even so, I had to leave out a lot of stuff. I’ve had a complex life.
RELEVANT COURSEWORK AND EXPERIENCE
Thomas Jefferson School of Law
Estates and Trusts
UC Hastings electives
Law and Economics
Immigration Law and Policy
Environmental Law and Policy
UC Santa Barbara
Law and Society
Classic Political Theory
Modern Political Theory
Data Analysis and Statistics
Racism in the United States
Critical Thinking and Probability
San Francisco State University – Masters Public Administration Program
Internship – Stay in School Program for parents and reentry students
Created my own nonprofit organization
Formed several corporations and LLCs including nonprofit organizations
Wrote legislation for the SF National Lawyers Guild Legislative Committee; some successfully enacted
Served as a trained Legal Observer at First Amendment events such as large marches and rallies